The government, via the Ministry of Education, has announced the release of Ksh.14 billion in capitation giving school heads a sigh of relief after several weeks of worries since the opening of schools countrywide.
Speaking at the moment of the disbursement of the fund, Education Principal Secretary (PS) Belio Kipsang said the Ministry, will release an additional Ksh.15 billion in the next few weeks.
“We have released Ksh.14 billion, and the remaining Ksh.15 billion will be given soon. Initially, we had planned for Ksh.19 billion, so there is no need for worry,” Kipsang said.
The news has been received warmly by the Kenya Union of Post-Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET), who had earlier threatened to halt their activities in schools if the government failed to release the money before the end of January.
“We are hoping that the PS will keep his word and the money will hit our accounts tomorrow so that schools can start running normally again,” KUPPET Secretary General Moses Nthurima asserted.
PS Kipsang on his address, revealed that government has been facing financial challenges leading to the unforeseen delays. He, however, issued commitment stating that the government will release all the remaining fund to both primary and secondary schools on time.
Matatu owners and operators have suspended their planned nationwide strike for seven days following a…
President William Ruto’s administration is scrambling to contain widespread public outrage and nationwide transport paralysis…
A nationwide transport strike paralyzed major towns and cities across Kenya on Monday after public…
Four people died and more than 30 others sustained injuries on Monday during violent nationwide…
The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) has revised fuel prices for the period between…
Kenyans are facing growing uncertainty after the government confirmed that current fuel prices will remain…