Jomo Kenyatta Airport Terminal Section Temporarily Closed After Fire

A small fire incident at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport’s Terminal 1E on Monday morning has led to the temporary closure of a section of the terminal. According to the Kenya Airports Authority (KAA), the fire was caused by an electrical fault but was swiftly contained, with no reported injuries or casualties.

In a statement issued by the KAA, it was confirmed that as a precautionary measure, power to Terminal 1E has been temporarily shut off to ensure the safety of all individuals within the premises. This move comes in the wake of the incident to prevent any further potential risks.

To minimize inconvenience to passengers, all flight arrival operations have been redirected to Terminal 1A until further notice. This measure aims to ensure that the airport continues its operations smoothly while the affected area undergoes necessary inspections and repairs.

The incident caused a momentary panic among passengers and staff who were promptly evacuated from the affected area. However, the efficient response from airport authorities helped in swiftly bringing the situation under control, averting any major disruptions to the airport’s operations.

Terminal 1E at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport serves as a crucial hub for international flights, accommodating airlines such as British Airways, Qatar Airways, Emirates, and Lufthansa. The closure of a section of this terminal underscores the importance of prioritizing safety measures to safeguard both passengers and airport personnel.

While the exact extent of the damage caused by the fire remains under assessment, authorities are working diligently to restore normalcy to Terminal 1E at the earliest. Regular updates regarding the status of operations at the affected terminal will be provided to ensure transparency and keep passengers informed.

In light of this incident, the KAA urges passengers to remain vigilant and cooperative with airport staff and security personnel. Safety protocols are being strictly enforced to prevent any further untoward incidents and to uphold the highest standards of safety and security at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

As investigations into the cause of the electrical fault continue, authorities are emphasizing the importance of proactive maintenance and monitoring of airport facilities to prevent similar incidents in the future. The safety and well-being of all individuals at the airport remain the top priority as operations resume and efforts to fully reopen Terminal 1E progress.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *