Deputy President Gachagua Seeks Support for Finance Bill

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has urged all Members of Parliament from Central Kenya to lend their support to the Finance Bill, 2023, once it is presented in Parliament. Gachagua stated that the majority of Mt. Kenya MPs are in favor of the Bill, with only one member expressing opposition, which he deemed as a manifestation of democracy.

During his speech at the burial of Mary Muthoni in Mathira constituency, Gachagua criticized certain elites and employed individuals for misleading the public about the Finance Bill, as they are the main contributors to the economy. He reassured the residents, particularly the unemployed, that they would not face deductions since they lack a regular salary.

The Deputy President also addressed the concerns of coffee farmers, assuring them that they would benefit from improved returns following the coffee summit in Meru County. He vowed to eliminate cartels in the coffee industry, which have been detrimental to farmers’ earnings.

Gachagua commended Nyeri County Commissioner Pius Mugambi for his efforts in combating illicit brews, noting that he had successfully eradicated 75% of the problem and encouraging him to continue his work to eliminate the remaining 25%.

During the eulogy for Mary Muthoni, Gachagua praised her as a courageous woman and shared a personal anecdote about her support during his election campaign. Mary Muthoni, who passed away at the age of 92, left behind 11 children, 23 grandchildren, and 27 great-grandchildren.

Present at the burial were various dignitaries, including MPs John Kaguchia, Eric Wamumbi, John Kiragu, and Senator Wahome Wamatinga, as well as Energy PS Alex Wachira and the Second Lady, Pastor Dorcas Gachagua.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *